- What is ILLiad?
- What is my Personal Status?
- Why do I need a username and password to use ILLiad?
- What if I forget my Username?
- What do the ILLiad Statuses mean?
- Is security a problem?
- What is Electronic Delivery?
- What is On-campus Delivery for Faculty?
- Who do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad?
- Why does my browser say that you're sending a cookie?
- ILLiad Proxy Accounts for Graduate Assistants
What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is the electronic system you use to request an item through Interlibrary Loan, or from Golden Library if you are a faculty member or a distance education student. The name ILLiad can be thought of as an acronym for InterLibrary Loan internet accessible database.
What is my Personal Status?
To ensure that the material you request is received as quickly as possible and at the correct location, please make sure you register with ILLiad correctly:
- You are Faculty--Portales campus if you teach most of your classes from the main campus and spend most of your time in Portales
- You are Off Campus Faculty if you spend most of your time at a remote location and receive mail at a remote office
- You are an Undergraduate or Graduate Student/Assistant--Portales campus if you take most of your classes in Portales and visit the campus regularly
- You are a Distance Ed Undergraduate or Graduate Student if you do not regularly come to the main campus because you are taking classes online or at an on-site location
- You are Retired Faculty if you no longer teach classes at ENMU
- You are a Guest if you are a local resident, but not affiliated with ENMU; you must purchase a Guest library card annually to preserve your borrowing and ILL privileges
Why do I need a username and password to use ILLiad?
To secure ILLiad privileges, you must be a valid user--current or retired ENMU faculty member, student, staff member, or local guest. Only by entering a valid ILLiad Username and Password can we identify you and provide you with ILL services. Students who attend classes at other colleges and universities are welcome to use Golden Library resources and obtain guest cards for checking out books, but all ILL services must be conducted through the home institution. A valid ENMU email account is necessary for us to notify you about your requests, as ILLiad does not recognize external email addresses (we will contact Guest Card users by phone or mail). Whenever you place ILL requests, please remember to check your ENMU email account frequently, so you will receive information about your requests as soon as possible.
What if I forget my ILLiad Username?
If you forget your ILLiad Username, you have two choices: you can click on the "Forget Your ILLiad Username?" link and we will send you your ILLiad Username via your ENMU email account 8:00 AM -5:00 PM on weekdays, or you can register again on the First Time Users registration form. It is advisable to pick a username that is easy to remember. Do not change your password to anything other than your current ENMU ID number, as that is the way the ILLiad system identifies you as a valid user.
What do the ILLiad Statuses mean?
ILLiad uses various statuses to track ILL requests. After you have placed a request, you can logon to your ILLiad account and check the status of any request, until it becomes available to you. Go to "View Outstanding Requests" on your ILLiad main menu to see the progress of your requests. Explanations of each ILLiad status are listed below:
- Awaiting Conditional Processing = A potential lending library has responded to the request by asking us to clarify something or comply with special conditions (high cost, restricted use, etc.) before they will lend the item.
- Awaiting Copyright Clearance = An article request has been received and is being reviewed by ILL staff to determine if copyright fees must be paid.
- Awaiting Extensive Searching = The requested item could not be identified or located during the initial search. More extensive searching is required to identify the item or locate lending libraries.
- Awaiting Request Processing = An article request has gone through copyright clearance and is now ready to be searched for and requested from potential lending libraries.
- Awaiting Unfilled Processing = The request has been sent to potential lending libraries, but it has not been filled. We are trying to locate additional libraries that may own the material; this process can take several days before all potential libraries respond and either accept or decline the request.
- Cancelled by Customer = Customer has cancelled the request. Cancelled requests can be found and resubmitted at a later time at "View Cancelled Requests.
- Cancelled by ILL Staff = We have been unable to locate the requested item or a lending library to fill the request. You will receive the reason for cancellation in your email notification.
- Customer notified by Email = The item has arrived, been processed by ILL staff, and the customer has been notified.
- Delivered to Web = Item has arrived electronically, been processed by ILL staff, and posted to customer's personal ILLiad account. Customer has been sent an email notification. Customer retrieves item by logging on to his/her personal ILLiad account and selecting "View Electronically Delivered Articles."
- Request Finished = Request has been successfully processed and completed (article has been picked up or book has been picked up and returned by customer). Requests with this status are archived under "View Request History."
- Request in Processing = The request is being processed by ILL staff.
- Request Sent = Request has been sent to potential lending libraries and ILL staff is waiting for a response indicating that the request will/will not be filled.
Is security a problem?
To ensure security, please follow these tips:
- Access ILLiad from your personal computer.
- If you use a public computer, exit from the Web browser before you leave; this prevents the Back button from accessing the pages you were using.
What is On-campus Delivery for Faculty?
Portales campus faculty may place requests for items in Golden Library. ILL Department staff will deliver requested items from Golden Library, as well as items requested through interlibrary loan, directly to faculty offices. The delivery service is available Fall, Spring and Summer semesters; it is not available between semesters. Scheduled delivery and pick-up of items to be returned will occur Monday through Friday, 2-3 p.m. Existing faculty ILLiad users will receive the service unless they notify the ILL Department that they do not want it.
Faculty members must sign for circulating (returnable) items, upon receipt. If they are not available during scheduled delivery times, they may designate a departmental secretary or other responsible person to receive and sign for the delivered material. We will make three attempts to deliver requested circulating material. After the third time, if no one is available to receive and sign for the circulating material, the request will be cancelled. If no one is available to receive photocopied (non-returnable) material, it will be left under the faculty member's door, or with the departmental secretary.
Pick up of returning interlibrary loan material will occur on the due date located on the book sleeve. Three attempts will be made to collect the returning material before an overdue notice is sent. For circulating Golden Library books, pick up will occur the last week of the semester. Videos and music have a much shorter circulation term and will be picked up on the due date. In all cases, faculty may drop off returning items at the library's Circulation Desk themselves, or they may call or email the ILL Department for pick-up of either Golden or interlibrary loan material before the due date.
The delivery of Golden Library material to faculty by the ILL Department is limited to personal use. Contact Media Services concerning delivery of library media and equipment for classroom use.
What is electronic delivery?
Many libraries send articles to us in electronic format. Through ILLiad, we are able to offer you the option of electronic delivery of these articles in PDF format. To use electronic document delivery, you must activate your ENMU email account. To view electronically delivered articles, log in to your ILLiad account and click on the "View Electronically Delivered Articles" link. Some electronic articles will also be available via your ENMU email account.
Who do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad?
InterLibrary Loan (ILL) Department at 562.2643, or Michele Wood at 562.2644, or email to Golden Library ILL Department
Why does my browser say that you're sending a cookie?
ILLiad sends a Session ID to be stored on your machine to speed processing. You can refuse this cookie and still be able to use ILLiad without any problems.
ILLiad Proxy Accounts for Graduate Assistants
Graduate students performing research for faculty members may obtain an ILLiad Proxy Account which will enable them to request interlibrary loan (ILL) material for their faculty supervisors, without using their own or the faculty member's personal ILLiad accounts. Graduate assistants must use their own ILLiad accounts to place personal requests.
~ Faculty members may email Michele.Wood@enmu.edu and request an ILLiad Proxy Account
for his/her graduate assistant. Please include faculty member's ENMU ID# (the account
must be linked to a permanent user).
~ An account will be created and the ILLiad username and password emailed to the faculty member and graduate assistant, both of whom will be able to access the account.
~ Email notifications about requests and emailed electronic articles will be sent to the faculty member's email address.
~ Costs* associated with obtaining ILL material will accrue to the faculty member's account and overdue material will be the faculty member's responsibility.
~ Faculty members should notify Michele Wood about changes in graduate assistant appointments, so that ILLiad accounts can be updated.